From: m.driussi@genie.com
Subject: (urth) Many will seek to flee
Date: Sat, 16 May 98 22:51:00 GMT

"Many will seek to flee by that road if the pelagic argosy sights
land" is said by the old autarch at the last line of (II, ch. 20).

Responding to Severian's "Then you can show me where the garden is."
Which the autarch takes as referring to Yesod, hence his answer . . .
an answer with the Vodalarii/Abaian passwords.

Making it seem more like he is saying, "many will try to escape to
Yesod if the Other Lords win."  Opposite of what I was thinking.  And
there's no mention of the corridors of time, even though that's all
we know Juturna can swim besides water, for all the innuendo about
undines swimming space.  So my thinking was wrong--never mind!