From: "Kieran Cleary" <kierannwn@tinet.ie>
Subject: Re: (urth) Bruce Pennington covers
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 12:51:13 +0100

I have to agree with Tony: the covers for the UK version are (IMHO) far
better than the Maitz covers. On the other hand, the covers for the UK
version of the Long Sun series are very poor indeed, compared to the covers
I've seen for Lake and Exodus on P.Duggan's website. A nice touch on the UK
covers, though, is the embedding of stained glass windows in the otherwise
naturalistic landscapes. Good conception, poor execution. Plus, I don't like
to see clear depictions of protagonists' faces on covers (this is turning
into a bit of a rant..better stop).

While I'm on tangential and subjective opinions, though a film of the Urth
sequence would have to be a travesty, it would also *have* to feature T. L.
de Victoria's "Ascendens Christus in altum" as mood music.

Been away for a while. I have to say that a stuffed-to-overflowing Urth mail
folder is a nice treat.

Kieran C.

North West Labs
Finisklin Industrial Estate