From: Robert King <bobking@gate.net>
Subject: Re: (urth) Napoleon
Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 13:18:49

I agree with you on the physical difficulties, and maybe the colostomy bag
is more realistic. But I think it's perfectly common for kids (okay, maybe
13 is a little old, but then again these were supposedly more innocent
days, weren't they?) to think of their questions or remarks as innocuous
and then find that they've offended more-knowing adults. As in, "Hey
mommy, what does **** mean?"

To "invariably offend," the remark would have to somewhat salacious,
wouldn't it? How likely is it everybody would be offended by young Weer
demystifying Napoleon's pose?

Don't you think it's wonderful that by not telling us what Napoleon was
supposedly doing, Wolfe has managed to keep us talking about it 23 years
later?

-- Bob