From: Robert King <bobking@gate.net>
Subject: Re: (urth) Napoleon
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 20:23:43

Maybe it's my sick mind at work, but I always surmised that Weer's theory
held that Napoleon was surreptitiously, uh, fondling himself. (In
Seinfeldian terms, the Emperor might have ruled much of Europe but he was
definitely not master of his own domain.) Although I suppose the hand
would have to be much lower than portraits usually place it.

In any case, that's the type of explanation a certain type of boy at a
certain age would take great delight in recounting, especially to older
relatives. And it would invariably offend.

-- Bob