From: "William H. Ansley" <wansley@warwick.net>
Subject: (urth) Peace of Napoleon
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 23:51:50

I reread PEACE recently and have a question. (Well, I've got a lot of
questions, of course, but one in particluar.)

On page 2 of the Orb edition Weer mentions knowing why Napoleon had one
hand thrust into his waistcoat, having read it, possibly in "Ludwig's
biography of him." But when he told people he found that "the innocent
remark invariably offended."

Does anyone in this group know what Wolfe is referring to here? And is
there really biography of Napoleon by a man named Ludwig?

Thanks for any help.
William Ansley