From: David Duffy <davidD@qimr.edu.au>
Subject: (urth) Books
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 13:55:33 +1000 (EST)

Regarding _Acturus_ (I am a fan I guess), I think a link is what I think
of as the medieval Christian viewpoint that suffering and death in this
world are transitory -- so it's not so dreadful that much of Urth's
population was drowned at the end of UotNS, or indeed that criminals must
be tortured then executed in payment for their acts.

I doubt it is a direct influence, but _Tirant Lo Blanc_ has resonances
with BotNS to me (a long time since I read the former unfortunately, so
I can't be more specific).