From: "Mark Millman"<Mark_Millman@hmco.com>
Subject: Re: (urth) "Tracking Song" Underground
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 16:51:51

This is another quick bibliographic note.  "Tracking Song" was originally
published in _In the Wake of Man_, a three-story anthology edited by R. A.
Lafferty.  I've forgotten the third contributor.  The book is from the
mid-70s, maybe 1975.  Again, I'm away from my library and can't check.

_After Man_, by the way, is the title of a book by Dougal Dixon which
presents a look at the fauna of the earth after 50 million years of
evolution in a post-human world.  It's a fascinating and beautiful book,
and, now that I think of it, it has charts indicating the probable
positions of the continents (according to geologists' best guesses) at
intervals from the present time to the period under discussion in the text.
They might be of some use, though they don't include changes related to
glaciation or global warming, or to more transitory shifts in rivers and so
forth, in the continuing debate over the geography of Urth.  I think I'll
take a look when I get home; I urge anyone else who has access to a copy to
do the same.

Mark Millman

David Lebling wrote:

> Didn't the story ["Tracking Song"] first appear in an
> anthology called _After Man_?
>
>    -viz
>    (david_lebling@avid.com)

<--prev V7 next-->