From: Alice Turner <al@ny.playboy.com>
Subject: (urth) Re: Digest urth.v003.n004
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 18:01:14

>--------------- MESSAGE urth.v003.n004.1 ---------------
>
>From: John Bishop <jbishop@ch.hp.com>
>  Well, when I started to read _Pandora_by_Holly_Hollander_
>  and found myself reading a monologue by an observant
>  but a bit alienated teenager, _Catcher_ instantly sprang
>  to mind.

Well, yes, but you could cite any number of other books. Contemporary
first-person YA novels (and even those for younger kids, like -Harriet the
Spy-) all sound like that. I read a neat, not really for young people, one
last year called -The Saskiad- that had a somewhat more sophisticated
version of the same tone.  (Much better than Holly Hollander, IMO.)

-alga-

<--prev V3 next-->