From: Rory McIntyre <76450.2177@CompuServe.COM>
Subject: (urth) Re: Grist!
Date: 25 Jun 97 16:26:38 EDT

Michael--

As this is my first posting to the list, I'll keep it short & sweet.  Also,
please forgive any mistakes.

I wanted to add a little to your point regarding the pelerines being  "...a
social device for exultants
to vent off khaibits no longer needed.  That is to say, we wonder what happens
to khaibits when
their originals die--'get thee to a nunnery' sounds good."  Specifically, I
wanted to point out that, in
a discussion of Hamlet I had in a class many years ago, our professor pointed
out that "nunnery"
was a 17th century slang term for a whorehouse, makes Hamlet's line to Ophelia
more of an insult
than mere condescension.  Back to the point at hand, it ties then into the
pelerines and the House
Azure.

Rory

<--prev V2 next-->