From: m.driussi@genie.com
Subject: (urth) Wolfe's women
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 97 21:13:00 GMT

Reply:  Item #2682162 from URTH@LISTS.BEST.COM@INET01#

Cephalothorax,

Well obviously I'm at a loss if you decline to answer my specific
questions (about men and women) regarding your generalizations (about
women).  So we'll just drop it.

Re: Blackness. I'm not going to say anymore than point out that your
assertion "he [Wolfe] never seems to mention ethnicity unless a
character is `Black'" conflicts with my tracking of "Celtic"
ethnicity within Wolfe's work.  Same books, different readers: The
End.

Re: William Burroughs, yes, one of his great strengths is that his
savage satire (campy/vampy/grotesque) is rigorously equal opportunity--
to the point that I'm somewhat surprised that nobody has every used his
texts as a blistering damnation of homosexuality.  Not exactly "gay
pride," that fellow Bill's books.